Full-time position. Working remote. Must be local to Chicago.
This position reports to the Creative Director.
If you are a visual problem solver, storyteller or just a curious mess maker we’d like to hear from you. Let’s take some things apart and rebuild them. Better. Let’s create arresting brands, designs, graphics, videos, and digital experiences that make people stop and take note. And then take action.
88 Brand Partners is an independent, full-service branding and advertising agency that builds, elevates, and extends a wide variety of service-oriented brands. Whatever the industry —healthcare, financial services, associations, hospitality, cultural institutions—we strive to build authentic, captivating experiences that make a positive impact on our clients’ audiences and their brands.
Working at 88, you’ll find a team of very different but like-minded individuals who bring diverse expertise and knowledge to everything we do. United We Brand.
The Designer works independently on assigned projects, or as a member of a project team.
The designer works up concepts and fulfills layout assignments according to supplied strategic and creative input. The designer works with an art director and can also work as a part of a design team and occasionally directly with account services. The designer must have an understanding of design principles, production processes and technology. The depth of the position demands qualifications developed over a minimum of one to three years of related graphic and collaboration experience.
- Designs branding graphics, print ads, brochures, interactive experiences and more, according to strategic plans provided by creative director/account executive, and by assignment from the creative director.
- Must have a strong sense of design principles, typography and color theory.
- Provides design and illustration (digital and/or traditional) from conception to completion
- Generates original concepts for advertising and design solutions based on strategic insights. Work with creative team to advance those and other members conceptual ideas.
- Works with art director/creative director in selection of design elements, papers, vendors, models, freelancers, broadcast talent, and any and all outside sources/purchases needed to fulfill production of each project the art director designs.
- Assists account teams with presentations for creative and new business pitches.
- Maintains high skill levels in software programs required to perform assigned job functions; takes training in the use of new design and illustration software as required
- Works within establishes systems to maintain, update and properly organize all details of client’s various creative work.
- Assists in archiving and maintaining digital files, project hard copies, photography, illustrations, logo art, typestyles, historical collateral samples, etc., of client materials and resources, and in maintaining a log of said archives.
- Meets with account executives/workflow manager/production manager/media as required to ensure timely, accurate completion of assigned projects.
- Assists with new business presentations as requested by the agency /creative director.
- Keeps art director/creative director informed of need to upgrade design-related computer hardware/software. Maintains said equipment/supplies for use in the creative department.
- Has working knowledge of computer design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and an understanding on which software is appropriate for each task. Understands hardware and strives to stay current in level of technical knowledge and abilities.
If you think that you’re a fit for this position, please submit a resume, portfolio samples and short bio to Joe Popa at email@example.com.